Saturday, September 10, 2011

Vacation Thoughts

I took some time off in August to go to California with my family. My oldest daughter, Ali, returned home in early August from spending a year in Chicago with Mission Year. It was good to be able to spend time with her again. Of course, riding in a minivan for 30 hours with a family of six in hot California is a pretty intensive way to re-integrate into the family, but all in all we had a great time connecting with each other as well as with extended family who live in California.

Tomorrow is the centennial worship service at Woodland Park Presbyterian Church where I serve as pastor. As I look forward to tomorrow, I find that I have plenty for which to be thankful--a church that has served faithfully for 100 years in north Seattle and a houseful of loving family who are all together again. God is good.

May you find peace this day and be aware of God's goodness to you.

2 comments:

  1. It looks like it works!
    This is the grand re-opening. Just in time for the centennial celebration.

    ReplyDelete